Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recipe Box

I was asked to buy a recipe box for the bridal shower, but of course I see no reason to buy something already made when I can get crafty.  So I puchased a wood box from Hobby Lobby ($2.99)


Used some Acrylic paint I already had and painted it light blue.



Then I mod podged some scrapbook paper I bought at Hobby Lobby around the outside.



I was so excited with this project because I knew I could use my cricut cartridge, From My Kitchen, to dress it up.  So I cut out some images and words for the outside of the box.

Then I made some dividers, and recipe cards using the same cartridge.



I used contact paper and covered the tab dividers so they would not get worn as quickly.  When it came to decorating the outside of the box, I wanted to keep it simple so I used my Cricut and cut out the word RECIPES and glued a ribbon around the box.



 wood box $2.99
scapbook paper $1.18
total cost = approx $4.50

Now hopefully the bride to be will think it is as cute as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews