Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sleepy Bunny

I had planned on buying the Sleepy Bunny pattern from mmmcrafts while I was pregnant with the intentions of making Grant one for his Easter Basket.  Being the procrastinator I am, I waited, then my husband lost his job and I couldn't justify spending the extra money on it.  My mom got online and looked at the pattern, thought it was too adorable not to purchase, and bought it for me if  I would make one for baby Sophie and the grandbaby of a woman she works with.  I bought fabric, a 1/4yard is all it takes (ended up costing $1.22) and I already had the stuffing and coordinating fabric.

(Warning! a not so great picture on a dark and cloudy day)

For anyone else out there thinking of making a Sleepy Bunny here are my words of advice:

Double stitch your seems.  Stitch around once then go back and stitch over top of the same one.  This will hold better when you start stuffing.  Some of my seems started busting because I tend to over  stuff.

I picked a patterned fabric and kind of wish I had picked a solid print for the front.  I thought mine was cute but a little busy (just something for you to think about)

The pattern is really easy to follow and doesn't take long to finish.  I'm always weary of new patterns and afraid they will be beyond my skill level but I had fun making this bunny.

I didn't get a picture of Grant's full Easter basket before he dumped it over but here is what I had in it:  2 board books from Target $1 spot, Bambi DVD, felt chocolate bunny, Sleepy Bunny, and his first Football.  All together a total of $16 was spent.  I don't think that's too bad for his first visit from the Easter Bunny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews