Monday, December 12, 2011

A Christmas Gift-Gift Baskets

Deciding on what to get people this year and staying within our budget was very difficult.  Especially since our budget was a lot smaller than previous years.  If you have read my blog before you know I am a couponer.  I love couponing and can't hardly bring myself to buy something without one (even though I still do).  This being said, I decided to use my couponing to my advantage for Christmas this year and do gift baskets for a few of the people on our Christmas gift list.  Two of those people being my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. 

Whenevery I do gifts, especially homemade gifts, I think "is it something I would want or use?"  I hate giving gifts people end up throwing in the closet, regifting, or just throwing out.  It is a waste of money for me and a waste for them as well.

So I did bathroom gift baskets for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.  They tend to be more difficult for me to think of gifts for, only because everything I think of they either already have or probably wouldn't want or use.  In comes the bathroom baskets.  I have a small stockpile of bathroom items already so I actually didn't spend any money out of pocket on these gifts, at least not recently.  They were all bought over the summer at rock bottom prices, I love that!!


Here is the cost breakdown using coupons:
Sister-in-Law's basket- Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner $1.50 each
Skintimate Shave Gel $0.85
Loafa (is that how you spell that, o well) $0.50
Dial Body Wash $1.00
Degree Deodorant $0.50
Total Cost $5.85 before taxes

Brother-in-Law's basket- Nivea Shave Gel $0.50
Gillette body wash $0.50
Schick Hydro 3 razor $0.99
Dove Deodorant $0.50
Dove bar soap was free
Total Cost $2.49 before taxes

Now is that a deal or what?  I'm so excited to have saved us money and I think they will actually appreciate the baskets. 
Now I just need to figure out how the heck I'm gonna wrap them, hmmm....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews