Thursday, December 29, 2011

More Christmas Gifts

Since I was up until 2 am Christmas Eve morning trying to finish some of Grant's Christmas gifts I didn't have a chance to post them before the big day.  Didn't I say last year I wouldn't procrastinate at Christmas? Oh well.
I'm very proud of myself this year, with everything I made for my little man I didn't buy any new fabric.  With us about to move I didn't figure I needed any extra fabric to pack.

On the eve of Christmas Eve I finished his doll.

I used my Bit of Whimsy pattern to make his doll.  I was very suprised my husband did not object to the doll since most men consider it "girly".  I must say he came out really cute!

I kicked myself over and over again after making the fleece hat.

Derrick wasn't crazy about the poof on top, but I think it's just too cute!
I used this tutorial over at Made By Rae, it was so super easy and only took about 10 minutes to finish.  I have had it on my to-do list for a good month and could have finished it a dozen or more times.

I made Grant's Christmas ornament this year too.  However it did not turn out the way I wanted at all.  I have seen dozens of cute ornaments all over the internet made from these little wood blocks.  Of course when I was thinking of what I wanted Grant's to look like I had lots of ideas.  At 2 am Christmas Eve morning I was exhausted and was trying to finish it quick and this is what it turned out like.
Needless to say I plan on painting over the writing and making it look a better but I just didn't have the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews