Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Personalized Ornaments

My cousin finally had her twin boys, Jacob and Jeremiah.  We went to see them last night and they are so very tiny!  My son was 9lbs 9oz when he was born with fat rolls on his arms and legs when he came out, so I am not used to little 5lb and 6lb babies.

Long before she had them I knew I wanted to figure out a gift to take to the hospital.  Since she already had plenty of clothes for them I nixed that idea.  Then I thought of the burp cloths I usually make for everyone but she already had plenty of those too.  Then it came to me, Christmas ornaments.  I didn't want to do a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament, since I think that is something special the parents should pick out. 

I bought matte finish ornaments at Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off a few weeks back, and a silver permanent marker I forgot to put in this picture.


I was so nervous writing on these, afraid I would mess them up completely.  My only comfort was knowing I bought a package of 6 so if worst came to worst I had 2 extra ornaments to use.  I looked at some fonts on my computer thinking I would try to mock those until I tried to do that on regular paper and it looked sooo very bad.  I ended up just free handing the names.


I think it's important to give the mom and dad gifts too since their lives will be forever changed by these 2 little men.  I debated on whether or not to put the boys' middle names on their's and in the end I'm so glad I did (by the way the "B" under Jacob is not a mistake, that's his middle name "B." after his grandfather).  On the back of the boys' ornaments are their length and weight.  It is so easy for a mother to forget or mistake her little ones' weight after years and years so I thought it was important to have this information on there.  On the back of the Mommy and Daddy ornaments are the boys' birthdate.

I had also orignally intended to put silver ribbon on the top in a pretty little bow.  I bought the ribbon and tried multiple times to get the pretty little bow I was trying for and it never happened.  All I ended up with was a tacky looking crinkled mess.
Either way I am excited with how they turned out, simple and classic..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews