Thursday, December 8, 2011

I had planned on making homemade vegetable soup last night but of course my food wasn't thawed out and it was already 5:30 pm.  With nothing else planned I dug through my freezer and fridge for anything I could quickly defrost or saute.  Here is what I came up with:

(why is it that everything I cook never looks all that great in pictures but tastes so good when I eat it?)

You will need:

1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed and cooked (mine were already cooked and frozen from a previous meal)
1 yellow pepper, sliced or chopped
1 red pepper, sliced or chopped
1 green pepper, sliced or chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
1/2c milk (more or less depending on how thin you want your sauce to be)
1tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 box pasta (I used rigatoni but you can use whatever you have on hand)
salt and pepper to taste

Boil noodles until done.

While noodles are boiling,  melt the cream cheesein a saucepan and then add the milk, stirring until combined.  Add garlic, italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper

Saute your vegetables in a small pan with your chicken.  If your chicken was not previously cooked your could cook it now, with your vegetables.

When noodles are finished and your sauce is as thin or thick as you like, add your sauce to your noodles, then mix in your meat and veggies.

Put some garlic bread on the side and your all set.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews