Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Little Doll For a Little Girl

My son's daycare class had their Christmas party on monday.  Each of the kids picked a  name for a $5 gift exchange, and Grant (ok so it was me) picked a little 18 month old little girl name Ava.

Before I picked a name I immediately thought I wanted a girl so I could make her a doll. 1 reason being so I can make something for a girl for a change, the other being because I knew it would be an easy, inexpensive, and quick project. 

I usually don't do holiday themed dolls but as I was going through my fabric stash I came across this fabric I used last year for Grant's stocking and thought it would be perfect for a little dress on Ava's doll.  I'm so excited with how she turned out and I know Ava will love her.

To make this doll I used  the Bit of Whimsy Beth pattern.  If you have read my blog I have made a few of these dolls and absolutely love them.  The directions are super simple to follow and the results are always fabulous!
To see the other dolls I have made using Bit of Whimsy click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews