Friday, July 8, 2011

Dr Suess Baby Shower Ideas

My cousin, Julia, is pregnant with twins and I'm so excited to throw her a baby shower.  Before she found out there were 2 little ones on the way, I had a whole plan for a rubber duck themed shower because I knew I could start planning ahead and then add accents of blue or pink when she found out if she was having a boy or girl.  However, now that there are twins, I had to change the theme to a Dr. Suess Thing 1 and Thing 2 because after all how often do you get to plan a twins baby shower. Not to mention I had been wanting to use this theme for ages but never got the chance.

I've scoured the internet for ideas and I figured this was perfect timing because the colors I want to use are red, white, and aqua blue.  Since the 4th of July is here I know I should be able to find some red clearence items and by the end of summer aqua items should be clearenced down too.  The only thing I have purchased so far are red napkins I found on clearance for $0.75 each and bonus! I found some green ones for my son's first birthday party too.  Don't you love it when that happens.

Here are some of the pictures I have found and saved to my computer to get the idea juices flowing.


I like coming up with centerpieces that contain items I can use over again, and using food is always a good thing, so I was super excited when I saw these centerpieces filled with twizzlers and chocolate covered pretzels.




I've seen loads of different diaper cakes with various things decorating them.  I really like these two because they are simple.  That's what I keep reminding myself is to keep it simple.  Otherwise I will end up spending a fortune and too much of my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews