Friday, July 29, 2011

Jean Doll- Bit of Whimsy

I love Bit of Whimsy patterns.  They are so super cute and for those of you who don't already know, if you sign up for their e-newsletter you get notified of any new patterns and sales.  Most of the time when new patterns are released they have them on sale for $6 instead of the usual $9 and they are so worth the money. Bonus, right now if you go to their website they are having a Christmas in July sale and all patterns are 30% off.   Even beginner sewers can follow the instructions, and no Bit of Whimsy is not sponsoring this post, I just really love their creations.  I made my first doll ever using her Beth doll pattern which I posted about here.  There is something about a homemade doll that I just love and I think every little girl should have one.

Here is my Jean doll I was up until 2 am finishing.


I am so thrilled with her and I think she is adorable.  I did vary a little from the pattern as I normally do.  This pattern called for buttons on the front of the dress which would have been really cute however I made this doll for a 1 year old so buttons were a no no.  If anyone else out there has ever used a Bit of Whimsy pattern you know it always says to do the face embroidery in the last few steps.  I find this to be more difficult so I do the embroidery before I sew the front and back body pieces together,  of course that's just my own personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews