Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mr. Energy

That is my son, Mr Energy.  Since he was 2 weeks old he has not slept like a normal baby (well, I guess what I would consider normal).  At 2 weeks old my days consisted of him screaming trying to stay awake and me rocking, bouncing, patting, or doing anything else I could think of to try to get him to pass out.  After literally over an hour of rocking, bouncing, or patting, he would fall asleep for all of 15 min only to repeat the cycle all over again.  People would tell me he should be sleeping the majority of the day, and when they would come over they always commented on how alert and wide eyed he was. 

For me there has never been such a thing as a power nap.  If I layed down for a nap I alotted at least 3 hours (needless to say I have not gotten a nap in 8 months), but Grant on the other hand can fall asleep for 10 minutes, wake himself up, and be wide awake for another 2 hours, and that's after he fought falling asleep in the first place for an hour and a half.

He has no real schedule because it all depends on how long he wants to fight.  I have never known a baby to fling, yes I said fling, himself all over the place to keep himself awake.  He also shakes himself awake when he is about to fall asleep.  If you are holding him while he is fighting, he will waller you to death, that in itself wears me out.

He still doesn't sleep through the night all the time.  If he wakes up in the middle of the night, or any other time for that matter, he thinks he should be up and out of bed.  The other night he didn't fall asleep until around ten, was up at 4am, didn't fall back asleep until almost 6am and then was up again at 7:15.  You would think not sleeping very well during the night would make for great naps during the day, wrong.  That same day he slept for 30 minutes in the morning and almost an hour in the afternoon, and no he didn't go to bed early that night.

Grant is definately one of a kind, and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but man it sure would be nice to get a little extra sleep sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews