Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yummy Banana Bread


I've tried a few different banana bread recipes but this one is by far my favorite.  It has a streusal topping that is so yummy I could scrape it off the top and eat it by itself.  I got the recipe out of the Better Homes and Garden red plaid cookbook.  I have an older copy and my mom's is newer and both the banana bread recipes were different, weird, considering they are the same book just newer versions.  Anyway here is the recipe:

2c flour
1 1/2 t baking pwdr
1/2 t soda
1/4 t cinnamen
1/8 t nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 c mashed bananas (about 5)
1c sugar
1/2c oil
1/4c chopped walnuts

grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan.  Combine flour, baking pwdr, soda, cinnamen, nutmeg, and 1/4 t salt.  Make a well in center.

In a medium bowl mix eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil.  Add egg mix to flour mix and stir til moist, batter will be lumpy.

Fold in nuts

Top with streusal:  combine 1/4c brown sugar, 3T flour, cut in 2 T butter and stir in 1/3c walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews