Monday, January 24, 2011

2 More Freezer Recipes

Here are two recipes I recently tried and absolutely loved, and the bonus is they can be frozen!

Garlic Pizza Crust

2T yeast
2c water
2T sugar
1/2 c oil
1t salt
6c flour
3 cloves crushed garlic

dissolve yeast in water and add sugar.  Wait a few minutes then add oil, salt, and garlic.  Mix in 3c flour and mix about 10 minutes until it leaves the side of the mixer bowl.  add remaining flour and mix.  knead until smooth.  split into 2 portions and place in freezer bags.
Baking:  remove from freezer and place in greased bowl.  Cover with towel and allow to  thaw and rise 3-6 hours.  Allow to rise twice in a bowl.  Punch down.  oil a baking sheet, using fingers press out to edges.
makes 2 pizzas, cookie sheet size.  let rise a bit and put toppings on.  Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. 

*my husband and I couldn't really taste the garlic so when I make them again I'm going to add a couple more cloves of garlic



Garlic Bread
1 large loaf french bread-sliced
1 stick or 1/2 c butter-soft
2 cloves garlic-minced
1/2 t dry parsley

mix butter, garlic and parsley.  spread thick layer over bread.  Put slices back together and wrap with foil, freeze.
Bake thawed for 25 min at 375.

*I like alot of garlic butter on mine so 1 stick of butter would not be enough for an entire loaf.  You may want to make a little extra just in case.  This is my favorite garlic bread,  I think its better than Texas Toast!

I will not take credit for creating these recipes.  I found them online but I'm not sure what website, oops.  They are both delicious and worth making.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa-I am loving more make ahead meal ideas. I will keep checking back here to see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews