Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spanish Hamburgers (Sloppy Joes but better!)-Freezer Friendly

I won't take credit for creating this recipe.  My mom gave it to me and where she got it I have no idea.  She has been making this for us instead of store bought Manwich for years and we love it and bonus this recipe freezes really well.  It tastes just as good thawed and reheated in the microwave as it does the day you bake it, perfect for all us busy moms out there.

Spanish Hamburgers

2lbs lean ground beef
2tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4c instant minced onion
2T sugar
1/4c mustard
1 1/2c Ketchup

thoroughly mix all ingredients in small baking dish (I use 8x11inch pyrex dish).  Bake on 350 for 1 1/2 hours.  Stir occasionally to separate hamburger.  Serve on hamburger buns.

Since I never think ahead far enough to put mine in the oven for an hour and a half, so I baked mine at 400 for a little less than an hour and completely forgot to stir it until there were only 5 minutes left and mine still turned out tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews