Thursday, January 27, 2011

Freezer Chicken

I'm sure everyone else has heard of this before but just in case there is someone else out there like me who hadn't heard of it, I thought I'd share. 

I never think to marinade my food until I'm getting ready to cook it, which really doesn't work because you don't get the same flavor.  When I started scouring the internet for freezer recipes I came across this idea and loved it.  It is perfect for me the non planner (wierd because with everything else in my life I plan way ahead of time).  When you buy your chicken breast and get it home take out whatever you want to marinade it in and some freezer bags.  Separate the chicken into portion sizes that fit your family.  My son is too small to eat regular food so for my husband and myself I portion my chicken breasts into 2-3 breasts per bag.  When your chicken is in the bag take your marinade and pour it into the bag, use a generous portion and move it all around your meat so it's covered.  Label your bag as to what marinade you used, the date, how many chicken breasts are inside, and drop it in the freezer.

The day you want to cook it, take it out of the freezer and it will thaw all day in the marinade so you don't have to think about it.  My husband and I recently did this with plain old BBQ sauce and grilled the chicken and oh my it was so good and juicy.

The easy marinades we like and almost always have on hand:
BBQ Sauce- whatever brand and flavor you like.  If I have time I like to put my BBQ sauce in a sauce pan and add minced onion, brown sugar, and honey.  Let it heat through and oh my goodness its so good.

Italian Dressing

My all time favorite is a Mountain Dew marinade made of 2c mountain dew, 1c soy sauc, 1/2c olive oil, 1/4tsp garlic powder.   I will say this sounds gross and looks just as bad but you will love it.  The chicken comes out super juicy and flavorful.  It is a must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews