Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bread Making

I had never made bread before, mainly because I thought it would be really hard for some reason.  Yes that's right I was intimidated by bread making, just one more thing I have been wanting to make for years and never have out of fear of failure.  So, last night as I was getting everything out to start making dinner I realized we were completely out of bread. Since our budget is extremely tight I didn't even want to spend a dollar on a loaf of bread, especially because I knew I had everything to make bread in my cabinet.
Here is my finished bread:
Doesn't it look scrumptious.  My recipe made two loaves and it was quite tasty with our dinner.  I have to say I'm very proud of myself.  Here is the recipe I used.

White Bread
2c warm water
1/3 c sugar
1/2tsp white vinegar
3T oil
1tsp salt
1T instant yeast (I used active dry yeast)
4c flour, 1c wheat flour (I didn't have any wheat flour so I used 5c all purpose flour)

dissolve yeast in 2c warm water.  mix other ingredients together and kneed well.  Raise until its double in size.  divide and put into 2 loaf pans.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. 

And there you go, easy peasy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews