Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Stocking

At my mom's house we always open our gifts either the night before Christmas Eve or Christmas Eve  morning, and being the procrastinator that I am, I was of course working on my last minute gifts and things right up until we were about to start opening gifts.  You would think after years of New Year's Resolutions to stop procrastinating I would actually follow through but I don't. 
Anyway,  one of my goals this year was to make my son his first stocking.  I decided before he was born that I wanted to make all of our kid's stockings.  I thought it would be a great little tradition, and they would each have their own one of a kind stocking.  Since I am a procrastinator and I love fabric, which means I want it all and can never decide which fabric to buy for my projects (does anyone else have that problem?), I searched and searched for the perfect fabric and finally purchased it a couple days before Christmas Eve and didn't start making it until the night we were going to be opening presents. 
Here is the finished stocking.  I still want to put his first initial on it but that will be for later.  I'm so excited with how it turned out and I love the fabric chose, and the best part was it was on sale because it was so close to christmas.  I used the pattern from noodlehead but didn't follow the directions from that site.  Silly me thought making a stocking should be super simple.  Being as there are only a few pieces to work with, the outside stocking, inner lining, and batting, so how hard can it be right?  Well 2 hours later I was kicking myself for not following directions, O well I figured it out and will know better for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews