Thursday, June 27, 2013

Breakfast Pizza

I love Pioneer Woman's cook books & have been wanting to try her breakfast pizza recipe for awhile now.  So the other morning I decided to give it a go.  I have been using a Garlic pizza crust recipe for a couple years now and its good but I thought I would try her recipe and see if there was a difference.  So I combined the yeast and warm water letting it sit for about 10 minutes.

 
 
Here is where I changed the recipe up a little.  She only had to add salt, I decided to add garlic salt and italian seasoning.  I didn't measure, just threw some in the bowl.
 
Mixed it with the paddle attachment.
 
 
Spread it out on a baking sheet and used a fork to make holes all over the crust so it doesn't bubble up.
 
To make sure it was crispy I went ahead and put it in the oven for about 5 minutes.
The "pizza sauce" is actually salsa, I didn't have any regular jarred salsa so I whipped up my own.  Pioneer Woman has a recipe for that as well, using canned tomatoes.  I, of course, didn't have all the ingredients she called for so I used her recipe as a base.  I'll have that recipe in a future post.
 
 When I decided to make this pizza I had visions of the fantastically gorgeous photos I would have to share, then I kind of burned the sausage and no such luck with the photos.

I used breafast sausage but overcooked it on the stove, which made it burn in the oven and next time I probably will just leave the eggs off.  My husband wasn't crazy about them (probably because they ended up being a little over cooked) and I liked the pizza without them.
You could definately make this a veggie breakfast pizza as well and it would be just as delish.
 
I will be making this again, but without the burned toppings.  I was surpised with how good this tasted and  I actually don't know why I had any doubts about the flavor, being as how I haven't had one Pioneer Woman recipe I've tried not be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews