Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cherry Cupcakes

My Mom's birthday was this week and she requested cherry cupcakes.  I've never made them before so I was a little hesitant.  I have has some bad experiences with attempting recipes I've never made before and them turning out really badly.  I got the recipe from the girls of Georgetown Cupcake.  Their book has a few recipes and this one is Cherry Blossom.

 
The only alterations to their recipes I make is to decrease the sugar content, so the tops of the cupcakes are not sticky.  I also added about 1/2 a vial of cherry Lorann's flavoring.  When I tasted the batter before adding the flavoring I couldn't get any cherry flavor unless I bit into a cherry.  I decided that wasn't good enough and I didn't want to search for flavors in a cake.  Adding the Lorann put it over the top yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews