Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Best Homemade Waffles

I love homemade waffles.  There is no better breakfast food and I eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I first used a recipe I found in my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook, but it was a little more bland in flavor than I wanted, so I changed it a little bit, cuz you know that's what I do.

 
1 3/4c flour
2T sugar
1T baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4c milk
1/2c melted butter
1t vanilla (I just pour some in so there's probably more like 2t in my batch)
1/4-1/2t cinnamon (this is what makes these waffles so darn good!)
 
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon together.  Make a well and set aside.
In another bowl beat eggs slightly, stir in milk, butter, vanilla.  Add to flour mixture.  Stir to combine, the batter will be a little lumpy.  Use a 1/4 measuring cup and pour batter into waffle maker.
 
Now, once your waffles are cooked, add butter and syrup and eat.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews