Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pulled Pork BBQ & a Snack To-Go

Last night was leftover night.  I know it seems kind of strange to have leftover night on a Monday but I had some pulled pork BBQ left from Friday so I pulled a bag of Steamfresh Honey Roasted Corn from the freezer and canned pineapple and dinner was made.

 
I love pulled pork BBQ for a couple reasons. 1-because all it takes is a crockpot and some BBQ sauce. 2-leftovers are just as good as the first time around.
I actually still had too much leftover, about enough for 2 servings, so I froze it for a lunch on another day.
 
If your wanting a way to make a jar of store bought BBQ sauce taste a little more homemade, add some minced dried onion (about 1T), about 1 1/2T brown sugar, and a squirt or 2 of honey, to any bottle of sauce and let it simmer on the stove for about 15 minutes.  I use this trick all the time and it works like a charm.
 
Since I got season passes to the zoo we are headed there again this week.  I like making special little snacks to take so we are not tempted to grab the super pricey ones while we are there.  One of my favorite muffin recipes I found at Small Fry & Co for Brown Sugar Muffins.  I like making them into mini muffins and I've made them with blueberries and mini chocolate chips and they are scrumptious.
 
This batch I made 1/2 regular and 1/2 with mini chips.
 
Mmmm! don't you just want to eat the batter.
 
Are they cute or what?
I got 24 regular and about 20 mini chip ones out of one recipe.  Who needs Little Debbie and Hostess right?
 
And Bonus: these muffins freeze really well too so if you can't eat them all before they start going bad, throw them in a freezer bag and pull them out as you need them.  Just nuk them in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds and you have fresh warm muffins.  I like to keep some of these in the freezerto give Grant something different for breakfast.
 
I swear he would eat a dozen of these if I would let him.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews