Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crockpot Beef Stew

Because I was going to be gone all day yesterday I decided to make beef stew in the crockpot.  I've made Pioneer Woman's recipe on the stove before so I figured all I would have to do is throw all the ingredients in the crockpot and turn it on.

Beef Stew
6 cups water
6t beef boullion (you could also use 6c beef stock)
leftover beef roast (it's already cooked so that step is done, you could buy stew meat but it tends to be super expensive so use some leftovers and save yourself some money)
4 potatoes-peeled and chunked up
4 carrots- unpeeled and sliced
1 medium onion-chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
3 dashes worcestershire sauce
*Pioneer Woman's recipe called for paprika & a couple other ingredients I didn't have so I just omitted them.
 
Put all these ingredients in the crockpot, turn it on high for about 5 hours.  I decided I wanted a little thicker stew so I took a ladle full of the stew liquid, put it in a bowl and wisked in about 2T flour.  Then I poured it back into the crockpot and let it cook for another 20-30 minutes to give it time to thicken. 
 
This stew was delicious and there is more than enough for a couple leftover meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews