Friday, June 28, 2013

Toothbrush & Toothpaste Travel Holder

I've seen this on various other websites and had it logged in the back of my mind that I needed to make one for trips to Tennessee.  I didn't get to at Christmas but thought I should take the time to make one before our next trip.

I took a bathroom hand towel and folded the towel up about 8 1/2 inches and sewed around the 3 sides.  Do not sew the top or your will have to get out your seam ripper.  I added ribbon just for a more decorative touch before I folded the bottom up 8 1/2 inches but this isn't necessary.
space out your pockets to fit your toothpaste and toothbrushes, sewing a straight line from the bottom fold to the opening.  I ended up having enough room for 2 tubes of toothpaste (Grant's and ours), 3 toothbrushes, and an extra pocket for floss or anything else you may need.
 
I cut 2 strips of ribbon and folded one end under about 1/4 inch and sewed one onto the front and one on the opposite side of the towel.
 
 
To add another decorative touch I added another strip of ribbon to the outside top of the towel so when it's folded over you can see it.
 
 
Now put your toothbrushes and toothpastes inside, fold the top flap over, and roll it up.  Wrap the ribbon ties around and tie in a bow.
 
 
Throw it in your suitcase or travel bag and now you won't have to worry about water or toothpaste residue getting on anything else in your bags.  And bonus, if you do get yucky stuff on it you can just throw it in your washer.  Easy peasy!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews