Friday, June 14, 2013

Sausage and Sauerkraut

I love easy throw together meals and smoked sausage and kraut is 1 of my favorites.  2 of my grandparents are southern and therefore I partly grew up on southern cooking and let me tell you, I don't know if there is any better.  My Mamaw used to make sausage and kraut on a regular basis, always with some good ol' mashed potatoes, so cooking it now is like a trip down memory lane.

 
All I do is put a jar of partially drained Vlasic kraut in a pan or pot, add some sliced smoked sausage or Lil' Smokies and let simmer for about 20 minutes.  Whip up some mashed potatoes and you are set. 
That's what Rachel Ray and I call a 30 minute meal.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews