Monday, June 24, 2013

Relay for Life 2013

Our Relay for Life event was this past weekend and we had a great time but, lessoned learned, I have to start conditioning before hand next year.  I was so unbelievably sore afterward.  The blister on my foot is proof.  I walk over 12 miles total and have the lapbeads to prove it:
The lap beads was an onsite fundraiser one of the teams did.  You paid $1, got a necklace and a bead and each lap you made you got another bead to add to it.  Each lap was 1/4mile.  So 4 laps = 1 mile.  We had an amazing team with 2 members walking over 20 miles!!!
That's freakin amazing in my book.
My Mom even walked 14 miles.  We were there the full 18 hours the event lasted and I was got all of 1 1/2 hrs of sleep, my mom was the only one who lasted the entire night with no sleep whatsoever. 
We were also one of the few teams who had a walker on the track every minute of the race, so I'm super proud of our team and accomplishments this year.
 
We doubled what we raised last year and won Rookie of the Year this year!
 
I guess this means we have to step up our game for next year haha.
 
I made a banner for our campsite:
It was nothing spectacular but it went well with our pink lights and other pink ribbon decor.  My mom made pink ribbon butter cookies and put them out for donation.  There were 2 in a package and we raised over $20.  Next year we hope to do a couple different on site fundraisers and we are hoping to double our money every year!
 
I had visions of cute pictures of me and Grant in our team shirts I put so much work into.  Here is how that turned out:
Me trying to physically turn his face toward the camera, him laughing hysterically because he knows he's driving me crazy, haha.
It was a great time and I'm so proud of what we accomplished this year and so proud of our team as a whole.
 
Great job Betty's Hope!!!!
 
Now only 11 months until our next Relay....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews