Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New Burlap Placemats

Before we moved I made some placemats for the table to help the place look a little more like home.
 
I wanted something that looked a little country since that is what the rest of my kitchen and dining room look like, so I chose burlap.  Am I the only one who didn't realize burlap was stretchy and kind of difficult to work with.  I had an awful time cutting out straight rectangles but after a few attempts I finally got 4- 13x17in rectangles.
 
 
After I got them cut out I decided they needed a little color, so I added a little simple design to the side.
 
The only thing I'm not fond of is all the little fly away strings from the burlap, I tend to find them every where and can't help but wonder if maybe I was supposed to do something to prevent that.  Oh well, I love the country look of them.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews