Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Another Granola Bar Version

I LOVE homemade granola bars.

Ok I LOVE homemade granola bars using this recipe.  I posted about my first few attempts here, and I'm still making them almost weekly.  I seriously can't stop eating them.  They are my breakfast, snack, and dessert.  The best part is I don't feel guilty eating them.  I figure with all the dried fruit, nuts, and oats I could find worse things to indulge in.

 
I've tried a bunch of different variations of this granola bar and haven't had a failure yet.  Here are a few other variations I have made
- Apple, cinnamon, pecan 
- Blueberry, apricot, almond, cinnamon
- Cranberry, blueberry, almond, cinnamon, and coconut (pictured above)
 
I hadn't tried coconut in any other of the recipes I've made but I had seen other recipes that used it so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm not a big fan of anything coconut flavor but this just added a little sweetness to the bars and I will probably add it into any other ones I make until I run out.
 
My husband has been taking all my variations to work and he says all the guys love them as well.  In my opinion anything healthy you can get a bunch of guys to love, has to be a true winner of a recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews