Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pizza Buns

When I was a kid my mom used to make these with leftover hamburger or hot dog buns.  It as simple as can be, just top the inside of the bun with your pizza sauce, cheese, and any pizza toppings you want.  Bake them on a baking sheet @ 350 until the cheese melts (about 10 minutes), and your lunch or dinner is done.

                               

What I love about these is everyone can put their own toppings on, so they are perfectly portioned personal pizzas.  My son loved them as much as I did as a kid.

To make your own pizza sauce:
1-8oz can tomato sauce
1t oregano
1t basil or 2 basil leaves
1/2 t garlic salt
1t minced dried onion
1t olive oil

simmer on the stove for about 10 minutes and top your pizza crust with your yummy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews