Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bit of Whimsy MerMae Doll

I was super excited when Bit of Whimsy had a 40% off sale over black Friday weekend.  My husband decided he wanted to gift to the nieces and nephews this year so I had to come up with a gift for Sophie. 

She loves The Little Mermaid and I thought this doll would be perfect for her.  Not to mention I always love an excuse to buy a new doll pattern.  I've gotten so much use out of the Jean and Beth patterns I bought I consider it an investment.  I can almost always raid my fabric stash without purchasing a single new piece when I make a doll, which I love because I get rid of some fabric that's taking up space in my closets.

When I saw the pattern I immediately thought of a blue paisley fabric I used for pj pants last Christmas and a onesie dress last year.  For whatever reason the paisley made me think of a mermaid.

 
I am so in love with this doll!  Is she too cute or what?  I love her pink and blue hair.  I wouldn't normally use non-hair colors on a doll but considering this one's a mermaid I thought it was perfect.
 
I have to say I was a little intimidated when I read this doll pattern wasn't for beginners like the other patterns on the website.  Not that I'm a beginner but I just wondered how much more difficult it would be to put together.  I have to say I was happily surprised it wasn't that bad.  I think there are just more steps to this doll than to the other 2 I've made.  I've used my other patterns so much, it was nice to start on something new and a little different.  Kinda makes me want to buy another different pattern and make another one haha.  I'll have to refrain though, I think my husband would flip if I added another "project" to my to-do list.
 
I'm happy she is done and can't wait to give her to Sophie.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I've been a long time reader of your blog. And today I decided to take the plunge and buy a mermaid doll pattern from this delightful lady. I've just finished the doll tonight, my daughter is rapt. Thank you so much for recommending Bit of Whimsy. SO easy to follow, I can't wait to make mermaids and mermen for all my friend's kids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st thank you so much for reading my little blog! 2nd I'm so excited you took the plunge. I love Bit of Whimsy and have had so much fun making so many different dolls. They are patterns that get used over and over again in my house and I never get tired of making them. I'd love to see your creations!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews