Saturday, December 7, 2013

DIY Elf on the Shelf Book

Since I didn't buy the store made version of Elf on the Shelf I made my own book to go along with the elf I purchased online.  I made a really simple version and printed it on white cardstock, used images I copied and pasted from the internet, and bound it by tying ribbon through the hole punches.

 
I used some of the wording I found from other blogs online and made up the rest myself so I thought I would share what my story actually said, just in case you're trying to come up with a story for your little Elf.
 
Page 1:

You have been chosen to receive your very own special elf. This elf is a scout elf. He will have special Christmas magic and is being sent to help Santa watch over you so he will know if you have been naughty or nice.

Page 2:
 
First you must give this little elf a name. He deserves a very special name because he will be your elf every Christmas season. He may look like a regular doll but the Christmas magic he will have will bring him to life.

Page 3:
 
Once you give him a name he will receive his Christmas magic. This is very special magic. Every night when you are sleeping he will fly back to the North Pole to tell Santa how you have behaved, good or bad, and about all of your adventures.
 
Page 4:
 
Then each morning he will fly back to your house and find a new place to sit and watch all the fun. This is how Santa keeps track of which girls and boys need to be on the naughty or nice list.
 
Page 5:
 
There are some rules that need to be followed with your special elf. First, and this is very important, an elf can not be touched. Christmas magic is very fragile and if an elf is touched he will lose his Christmas magic and won’t be able to fly back to the North Pole.
 
Page 6:
 
Second, an elf can not move or speak while anyone in the house is awake. You can talk to him and he will hear everything you say but he can not speak to you. His job is to watch and listen so he can report back to Santa.
 
Page 7:
 
This special elf will be yours each and every Christmas. He will come to stay with you after Thanksgiving, flying back each night to report to Santa until Christmas Eve. On that special night, while you are sleeping, Santa will come to your house to leave your gifts and bring your elf back to the North Pole until next year.
Page 8:
 
Only very special girls and boys receive a scout elf so take care of him and have fun finding him every morning when he returns from the North Pole.
 
I used Microsoft Works Word document to create Grant's book.  I put the pages on landscape and made them into 2 columns with a line to separate them to use less paper and make a smaller book.  After I printed the pages out I just cut on the center line, put the pages in order, punched 2 holes in the side, and tied ribbon through them.
 
See, no need to pay $29.99 for that store version when you can do it yourself.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews