Monday, December 9, 2013

DIY Elf on the Shelf Arrival Letter

I thought I'd share the arrival letter I made to go with Grant's Elf on the Shelf I put together.  I realize anyone who wanted to start this tradition this year probably already has everything put together but there's nothing wrong with getting ideas for next year if your little ones still need a year or so before they get their elf. 
When I was searching the internet for all the little things to go with the elf I bought online, the thing that took me the longest was figuring out the wording for the book and arrival letter.  I thought I would save someone else the trouble and give some ideas by sharing mine.


First I downloaded and saved the Santa letterhead to make it look more official (as if a 3 year old would know the difference anyway right?), you can find it here.

Here is what Grant's letter said:

Dear Grant,

I am leaving you a very special early gift this year. Inside this box is one of my elves. I am leaving him to watch over you and report back to me whether you have been naughty or nice. I want you to give this elf a very special name and after you give him a name he will receive his Christmas magic. This magic will make him come alive at night when you are sleeping. He will fly to the North Pole while you sleep and tell me all about your day and your behavior. In the morning he will fly back to your house and find a new place to sit and watch over you. I know you are a good boy and know how to listen to your Mommy and Daddy, so I expect to get good reports back.

There are a couple things I want to let you know about this elf.

-You can not touch him. If you touch him he will lose his Christmas magic and will not be able to fly back to the North Pole.

- He can not talk to you. You can talk to him but he can not talk to you because his job is to listen and watch and report back to Santa.

My special elf will be staying with you until Christmas Eve. I will pick him up when I leave your gifts under your tree and he will return to you again next year before Christmas. Please take good care of him and be on your best behavior.

Then I used a fancy font to sign Santa's name and put "P.S. please read the book I have sent with your elf to learn more about him"

Grant was so excited about opening the box with the elf I don't even know how much of the letter he heard but I thought it was a cute addition and a nice little keepsake. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews