Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

I love quick breads.  Mainly because I'm super impatient when it comes to waiting for bread to rise and all that.  I prefer to mix up a batter, pour it in a pan, bake, and eat all in under an hour.

I found this recipe here, I love Taste of Home and have tried tons of their recipes, most of which have turned out great.  When I found this one I wrote it down for future use and it's taken me over a month to actually bake it.   Of course now, after having made it and ate it, I'm wondering why on earth I haven't been making this every week since I found the recipe.

Grant loves helping in the kitchen.  I often have to remind myself to be patient and let him help with something no matter how small of a job it is.  I get in a hurry wanting to get things done and catch myself saying no then regretting it later when I think about how that must make him feel if I were to always say no, never letting him help me.  Heck, he might be the next Cake Boss for all I know, lol.

 
The recipe was really easy to follow and I have to say the only thing I would change is the amount of cinnamon sugar mixture I put on top.  There was quite a bit to sprinkle on top and some of it didn't melt into the batter and was still sitting on top after the bread was finished.  I ended up dumping it off.  The bread was still delicious regardless.

 
I doubled the glaze part of the recipe because I love me some glaze.  I could eat it with a spoon.  I don't think you can ever have enough.  Maybe next time I'll triple it.

Grant loved it too and asked for seconds.  We ate this as a dessert because I baked it in the evening but it's going to be perfect for breakfast in the mornings. 
 
I will definitely be making this over and over again.  I think it would even be great to give this bread away as gifts for the holidays in mini or half loaf pans.
 
Yes it is that good, you need to try it....Like right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews