Monday, December 30, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Cobbler

I'm back with another Pioneer Woman recipe review, or rave, however you want to look at it.  She has a recipe for Blackberry cobbler in her 1st cookbook.  I have made it many times using blueberries, both frozen and fresh with amazingly good results.  A couple weekends ago we had my Dad, his wife, and my sister over for an early Christmas dinner and I decided to make a peach version.  My husband has been begging me to make a peach for months, don't really have a good reason as to why it's taken me so long but oh well, better late than never.


I had frozen peaches I got off my mom's peach tree over the summer and thawed them in the fridge overnight.  I cut the pieces I thought were a little too big and did everything else exactly as the recipe says.

This has become my go-to dessert.  For Thanksgiving I was asked to bring a dessert and rolls to my Aunts house and being the procrastinator I am I waited until the morning of to make my dessert, cherry bars.  I of course screwed up the recipe because I was in a hurry and ended up burning the top (they were actually still pretty tasty and everyone at my mom's loved them despite their burned tops).  I decided I couldn't go empty handed and whipped up a blueberry version of this cobbler in no time.  As long as you keep some frozen fruit (blueberries, peaches, raspberries, or blackberries) in your freezer the other ingredients you will more than likely find in your pantry.

This is the only cobbler recipe I've ever made so I don't know how others taste or even what they look like but this recipe is literally just mixing up the ingredients in a bowl, dropping you fruit in, sprinkling sugar on top, and baking it.  Can't get a whole lot easier in my opinion.  Not to mention it's delish!  For the peach I used a 9x13 baking dish and it was rather thin so I would recommend a deep dish pie plate (which is what I normally use) or an 8x11 baking dish.  If you have neither of these sizes a 9x13 will work just don't leave it in the oven the full hour since it is quite a bit thinner than the one in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews