Sunday, December 15, 2013

Family Ornament: Reindeer Thumbprints

I wanted to make a family ornament this year and start a new tradition.  My husband hates, I mean really hates, having his picture taken so I knew I couldn't do anything with photos.  I saw reindeer thumbprint ornaments on pinterest forever ago and had immediately thought of making my Mom an ornament with the grandkid's thumbprints and the year.

When I started making hers I thought, why not make one for our tree.  I think my husband was relieved his part took all of 2 seconds and only consisted of dipping his thumb in paint.  I put our last name on the back and the year in permanent marker.  I used brown acrylic paint for the thumbprints then added the details with acrylic paint as well.  My intent was to add a green ribbon bow to the top but I can't for the life of me find my green ribbon.  I know it will turn up eventually and I wanted to get the ornament on our tree so I left the ribbon off for now.


I think a family ornament was fitting this year since it will be the last Christmas we are a family of 3.  I can't wait to come up with a new family ornament next year for the 4 of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews