Monday, December 16, 2013

Black Bean Enchilada Soup

My husband has decided he doesn't like chicken unless it's cooked on the grill, which I don't do, so I created a new recipe I adapted from my chicken enchilada soup recipe.

1can rotel
2 cans cream of chicken
1can enchilada sauce
1 bag frozen corn
3t cilantro
1 onion chopped
1 can diced tomato
1 can black beans
4c chicken broth (I ended up using 1 can, 3 chicken bouillon cubes and 3c of water)
1T olive oil

sauté onion in  olive oil until soft.  Add Rotel, diced tomato, and corn.  Heat through.  Add the rest of the ingredients to the soup pot and heat through.

The original recipe didn't have diced tomato, black beans, or frozen corn.  I added them to give the soup a little more since I omitted the meat.  However you could easily add some chopped or shredded chicken to the soup and it's delicious either way.  I like having a lot of different soup recipes during the winter, not only for the fact they warm you up during cold days/nights, but also because they leave lots of leftovers for the following days meals.  I always feel like I'm getting more for my money with soups and stews than a regular meat/potato/veggie meal.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews